Pages

September 6, 2011

My Morning as Mr. Mom

It has been raining here in Nashville for the last three days. IT HAS BEEN RAINING! That is awesome since we have not had rain the last two months. It has been so incredibly dry that it just has not been fun to be outside the Earth has been looking for so much moisture it will zap it out of your body to there point of being miserable. Sunday was the first day of rain and it was a little rough because it was still warm from Saturday and humidity was gross. But Labor Day was so cool it felt like November in the upper north west United States. This weather made me incredibly happy. I refused to wear a jacket although I definitely should have.

This weekend some friends of ours have gone out of town and asked us to care for their chickens. As payment we will receive fresh eggs. My best friend loves fresh eggs. Therefore we took full advantage and now have a dozen eggs waiting for scramblification.

My best friend has her first test today. Two weeks into the semester and she is testing on nursing fundamentals. Making a bed properly among other such items like brushing teeth, etc. I hope this goes well for her, she has been so stressed that she will not make the cut. She really wants to succeed at this, and I do not blame her. This is totally in her nature to care for other people. She is a wonderful person.

Today I am taking care of Scoot so she is palling around the house and having herself a fun time digging toys out of her toy box, doing her own thing. She is also helping me] ]]]]]]w;rIT:} E Th is blog anD 'eveR" Y|th"N+ g i (write this blog entry as well). The pleasure of this opportunity is added up to, our friends (and subsequent babysitter) are out of town, my best friend is taking her first test, so Scoot and I had to feed and release the chickens from their coupe in the rain. I had to hold an umbrella, hold Scoot, and open the gate with two hands. So I bagged up the Scoot like so...


It was kind of cold on Scoot's feet so we had to hurry back. The weather did not phase Scoot's demeanor though. She is always in good spirits these days.


My morning as Mr. Mom has been:
1. Drink Coffee
2. Release chickens
3. Drink Coffee
4. Feed Scoot
5. Drink Coffee
6. Iron Shirt
7. Drink Coffee
8. Put Scoot Down for a nap
9. Empty Dishwasher
This is the point I realize I should have emptied the dishwasher then ironed
10. Drink Coffee
11. Clean living room
12. Write a blog to feel higher self worth
13. Go to work for a half day
14. Drink Coffee

How does my best friend do this on top of nursing school. She is an incredible person and I am blessed by her presence.

1 comment:

amanda said...

thank you for hanging out with nuggie this morning. i know for a fact i won't get through the next two years without your help and support. i <3 you xoxo