Pages

August 16, 2012

11 Months.

What I have learned today is that I still have a blog and apparently no one has been writing in it.

I originally had a goal of composing thoughts and collecting pictures however small into this one place to direct family, friends and internet wanderers to a summation of the happenings of the Nashville Plantes.

Here is an update of the last 11 months-

September 2011, as you will see below this post was the last time that I wrote something. For the rest of the month, I can't remember what happened.

October 2011, my Scoot turned one year old. We participated in a Halloween activity I'm sure, but I doubt it.

November 2011, there was thanksgiving, which was to occur at a friends house but Rosalie woke up with a fever and my best friend threw together one of the best meals I have ever had in my entire life.

December 2011, I turned 30. We celebrated Christmas in Oregon with my best friend's family and that was a great surprise for my best friend, her mother and sister.

Happy new year!

January 2012, Count down to the end of life as we know it? Doubtful. My wife and I also celebrated our thirty-ness together by having an 80's themed party since the 80's rang us in. It was quite the uneventful night of bowling, but still my best friend and I had a blast.

February 2012, Valentines day, I suck at it.

March 2012, I went to Chicago for a work trip for one night.

April 2012...............my best friend had a final?

May 2012...More finals and then 2 weeks of summer vacation until my best friend started summer school.

June 2012,I tried to forget this month because it is the most sick that my Scoot has ever been. That is all I don't want to try to remember anymore, except croup sucks.

July 2012, My best friend and I had the pleasure of seeing her family and attending the wedding of her youngest cousin. It was a beautiful wedding and it reminded us of when were the same age and we got married. Beautiful.

August 2012, this month my best friend begins her last year of nursing school before she is able to be licensed as a RN and begin the rest of her life doing the job she was made to do, which is to help others.

When you break life down by months its hard so see a bigger picture.

For instance this past year Scoot doubled in age, possibly size and will be two years old in two months. Recently she started at her first daycare, a change that is wrecking my best friend, but our last babysitter is having a baby in the middle of the school year and will have quite a bit to do while we are in the middle of dealing with school and work. This is the best thing to do at this time either way.

This year, my best friend completed her first year of nursing school and has this one year remaining. Also she, in her words 'finally' found a job. We had quite a few conversations about this. I had a strong stance and I wouldn't let her work, well not just any job because she is going to school. I wanted her to gain experience in her field. She was hired as a Nursing Extern at a local hospital. Simply stated, she is a Patient Care Technician, but unlike a PC Tech a Nursing Extern will receive lessons and gain experience that others will not receive.

For me this past year I received certifications in Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean, and Project Management. Nothing exciting I'm sure, but for me these certifications add a resume weight to what I am naturally good at. Now I cannot wait to throw that weight around, but even more impatient than me is my best friend. She really wants me to throw that weight anywhere and everywhere. Pray for me.

Hopefully I'll write more. Sooner than next July, maybe.

No comments: