Pages

August 18, 2012

What have I done.

I may have done something crazy Friday. A friend and I will be driving to northern Virginia in 3 short weeks for him to compete in a Tough Mudder event. He is running it with a team and it seems one of those team members has backed out of his spot. I blurted out when I heard this, "I think I could race it."

My friend is also a Marine, and takes volunteering very seriously. So, in three weeks from today I will be running a Tough Mudder.

I am not scared, worried, or prepared. But, my adrenaline is up and I am now focused.

Although Friday night, awaiting the news that would tell me if I am to be a spectator or a participant (I assumed I would be racing), I tackled a large Papa Murphy's pizza and a six pack.

However, Saturday began my very short journey to train for a Tough Mudder. No more unnecessary meals or snacks. Less meat and more vegetables. Daily workouts are now commencing for the next 21 days. I am going to deal with the consequence of saying yes too quickly head on.

This is an adventure I am looking forward to and an unexpected challenge.

I did have a feeling that I would somehow be more than a spectator when I received the request to help my friend drive to the event 2 months ago.

Your prayers that I do not injure myself will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: