Pages

September 5, 2011

Wine Tasting Date

Last week I got the idea to take my best friend on a date Saturday. She likes romantic things like surprises like wine tasting. I was hoping to keep it a secret but there is so much going on in our lives right now with me working late and her nursing school picking up a rapid pace. She could not bear the intensity of not knowing what I was planning.

So Tuesday went like this: A phone call stating that I needed her to make potato salad for Saturday. I knew full well this would alarm her because I asked her to make potato salad for the previous Saturday for a cookout for some friends. She as I thought she would, immediately needed to know who was coming over and what I was planning to do. I told her that it was a surprise that she would love, and that she would find out Saturday morning. In any other year something like this would make her smile from ear to ear that I was being this romantic.

The next eight hours were a grueling hell. She could not handle the anticipation. She had to know if someone was coming over, what would we do with Scoot, how late would said event last, and so on. Her mind was racing so much that she would not be able to concentrate the rest of the week. That would be extremely bad for us all to cause too much undue stress to a person going through enough.

I explained that I would be taking her and Scoot on a date to a vineyard that we had been to before in Arrington, TN.

If any of you know my best friend you will know that just because I told her what was happening was not enough to stop her from worrying. I had to tell her all the details. Would Scoot be coming along, is Scoot allowed in the tasting rooms, what time would we be going, what about Scoots bed time, Arggghhhh. It still amazes me the amount of stuff she can think of in such a little time.

After she settled down and I gave it a couple days I asked her if she was excited about the date that was at hand. She was. Saturday turned out to be a great time for all of us. I even got a smile out of both my best friend and my Scoot.


No comments: